KINGSTON, September 17, 2016 - Damian Jr.Gong Marley, on Friday, announced the opening of Stony Hill, his new weed dispensary, being established in partnership with Colorado-based dispensary company Tru Cannabis.
The new retail space, which opens next Thursday, will feature a full line of cannabis-based retail products, including edibles, extracts and a variety of different strains.
Marley's entry into the dispensary business marks the first time a major music artiste has opened a ganja retail space.
The 38-year-old personally helped develop and test the dispensary’s namesake and signature, Stony Hill, which is also the name of his fourth album, scheduled for release next year.
The name has a special place in Marley's life. Stony Hill is the place he grew up.
Though Marley won't yet go into detail, the Grammy-winning artiste says he has more cannabis business ventures to announce soon.
He will be hosting a brand launch party for the dispensary on Wednesday.
Marley also kicks off his Road to Stony Hill club tour in Boston, Massachusetts on Friday.
Last modified onSunday, 18 September 2016 07:35
- Countries: Jamaica
- Tweets about cannabis’ health benefits are full of mistruths
- Drug experts on the new guidance for medicinal cannabis
- JAMAICA | Import/Export Regulations for Cannabis Soon
- Jamaica should Benefit From Reforms Relating to Cannabis – CLA Director
- US Banks Accepted Significantly More Marijuana Businesses In 2019, Federal Data Shows