As long as our production is boosted, we will be able to meet the needs of the population and propitiate the sector's development and better agricultural linkages, he noted.
According to the source, at the working meeting that Diaz-Canel chaired along with Prime Minister Manuel Marrero, the president underlined the importance of eradicating the importing mentality and taking actions that will contribute to improving the land, like irrigation and the production of fertilizers.
The president called to streamline the work in the agri-industry to make better use of different forms of management and property that coexist, as well as boosting investments in the sector.
He also instructed to foster and improve the commercialization and storage system, and to seek mechanisms to stimulate producers.
If we continue to boost production we will have more possibilities to increase the variety of food and bring it closer to the population, Diaz-Canel noted.
- Countries: Cuba
- JAMAICA | Andrew Holness, leave Michael Manley alone!
- BARBADOS | Cuba's medical mission will remain in Barbados says Bostic
- NIGERIA | Conflict between herders and farmers: Nigeria needs to accept there are victims on both sides
- JAMAICA | Take a stand on Principle says Jamaica Cuba Friendship Assoc.
- JAMAICA | PNP wants farmlands irriugated to ensure food security