He reaffirmed that China asks domestic firms to comply with international investment standards, but also demands a favorable environment without barriers for them to develop their businesses in other countries.
Lu also spoke out against possible restrictions on the purchase of products and services from Dahua and Hikvision, the world's leading video surveillance and security equipment provider.
Washington plans to include the Chinese corporation in the same list where it has included Huawei and its affiliates to force them to apply for government authorization when they want to buy domestic technology, press reports said.
However, Hikvision said the move would not have a major impact because most of its chip suppliers are located in China.
The White House has been warned the trade war it has declared against China is destabilizing financial markets, investor confidence and global economic growth predictions.
The clash has led to a mutual increase in import tariffs applied by both powers, whose consumers and companies will be the most harmed.
- Countries: None
- GUYANA | Trump administration impose visa sanctions against Guyana Officials
- BARBADOS | Cuba's medical mission will remain in Barbados says Bostic
- JAMAICA | Jamaican Teachers Being Recruited to Tutor US Students On-Line
- GUYANA | Granger committed to continued good relations with United States
- GUYANA | United States interference in Guyana elections part of plot to topple Venezuelan gov’t- Nagamootoo