Another person, Trevor Thompson, 22 – a Bahamian national, did not appear in court.
The police report that the Jah Cure, Thompson and Mason were at the Atlantis Resort when a fight broke out at the resort.
The incident was captured on camera and distributed on social media.
Jah Cure, who was here for a concert on the weekend, pleaded not guilty to the charge when called on by the magistrate during his arraignment.
However, Mason admitted guilt and was fined US$150.
However if he fails to pay the fine, he will incarcerated for one month at the Department of Correctional Services.
Jah Cure was subsequently discharged and the matter was adjourned to November 23 when the case will proceed against Thompson.
- Countries: Jamaica
- BAHAMAS delisted but EU criticised as discrimanatory and arbitrary
- JAMAICANS who overstayed their time in the US due to COVID-19 won’t be penalized
- CARICOM | Foreign Ministers Object to EU Financial Blacklisting
- U.S. denies protective status to Bahamas hurricane evacuees
- JAMAICA | JA Soldiers (DART) in the Bahamas Assisting with Recovery Efforts