In St. Ann Parish, Jamaica on the 6th of February 1945, Reggae legend, Robert Nesta Marley was born. During his illustrious career, Bob sold well over 20 million records. A young Marley first got into the music industry as part of the group, The Wailers. This very same group contributed to the shaping of the reggae genre. In the 1970s, Marley decided to start a solo career and it wasn’t long before he became an international icon.
- Countries: Jamaica
- Bob Marley honoured with English Heritage blue plaque at his London home
- Sunscreen wouldn’t have saved Bob Marley from melanoma, and it won’t help other dark-skinned people
- Why UNESCO was right to add reggae to its cultural heritage list
- Jamaica signs cultural MOU with Mexico, Marley statue unveiled
- Message from the Most Hon. Portia Simpson Miller for Bob Marley’s 70th Birthday