There was an increase in crime, which unfortunately drove tourists away. Thankfully, like Port Royal, Kingston is an reawakening city and the most colourful part of this revival is Fleet Street.
Parade Gardens was one of the communities that people quickly associated with the ‘g-word’. If someone mentioned the community of Parade Gardens a few years ago, if you even knew of it, you’d probably just associate it with that one word…. “Ghetto.” However, the once notoriously volatile community is renewing their lease on life and is transforming into another Kingston paradise.
I’ve always heard about or seen Fleet Street in music videos but I had never been there. I am a creative and art is one of my middle names. It was inevitable that this gem, Fleet Street, would be one of the places that we highlight. Anticipation filled my veins as we drove down Laws Street, I felt as if I was going to burst with excitement. I could hardly wait to exit the car once we turned unto the ‘Art Street’.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Government Moves to Develop Port Royal
- JAMAICA | Port Royal Welcomes First Cruise Ship
- JAMAICA | Sustainable Economic Development - Is Jamaica on the right path?
- JAMAICA | Gov't Addressing Efficiency and Infrastructure to Improve Growth - Holness
- Infrastructural Works to Modernise Kingston – PM Holness