'The ALBA-TCP nations denounce to the international community this dangerous new attempt to generate violence and anxiety in the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, in order to overthrow the constitutional government,' the document reads.
The statement indicated that with this solidarity action, they claim the right of the Venezuelan people to their self-determination and sovereignty, in accordance with the principles agreed in the Charter of the United Nations, which must be observed and respected by all UN member countries.
Several nations, international organizations and political leaders have recently spoken out to condemn the attempt to land and deploy mercenary troops on Venezuela´s coasts past Sunday, which was thwarted by law enforcement and the population itself.
- Countries: Latin America
- GUYANA | Pompeo gives Guyana US$5-mil to help Venezuelan Refugees
- GUYANA | APNU+AFC Coalition concerned over Pompeo's visit to Guyana
- GUYANA | US welcomes Guyana’s support for democracy in Venezuela
- The U.K. Denies Venezuela Access to Gold for Food and Medicines
- GUYANA begins defence of 1899 Arbital award against Venezuela in ICJ