'For 60 years, my country has been the target of a strict economic, commercial and financial blockade of extraterritorial scope, imposed by the US government, and this blockade constitutes the main obstacle to the economic and social development of the nation,' he highlighted.
In the midst of the pandemic, this mechanism tightens and hinders the acquisition of medicines, equipment and vital health supplies in the current health crisis, denying the most elementary of rights: the right to life, the prime minister indicated.
In the face of these unprecedented challenges, he noted, concrete, supportive, inclusive, fair, innovative and coordinated responses are urgently required.
However, the current global crisis is aggravated by US protectionism, its trade wars and unilateral coercive economic measures against sovereign countries, contrary to the UN Charter, international law and multilateral trade rules, Marrero explained.
Global problems need global solutions, without discrimination, political, economic or any other kind of exclusion, the prime minister stated.
- Countries: Cuba
- CUBA | Solidarity and Internationalism: Fidel Castro's Flags
- CUBA'S migration policy strengthens ties with diaspora
- CUBA | US organizations to seek rapprochement with Cuba
- ETHIOPIA | ‘Full scale’ humanitarian crisis unfolding in Ethiopia’s Tigray: UNHCR
- CUBA | Havana, Cuba's most visited tourist city, turns 501