A media release from the GDF this afternoon, said the "Chief of Staff, of the Guyana Dewfence Force, Brigadier Godfrey Bess, today reiterated the apolitical nature and posture of the Guyana Defence Force (GDF), when he met with senior diplomats of the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Canada and the European Union, this afternoon, in the Conference Room, Defence Headquarters, Base Camp Ayanganna.
For their part, the release said that the envoys pledged continued military support for the GDF.
Senior officers present during the courtesy call included, Inspector General, Colonel Trevor Bowman, Quartermaster General, Colonel Sherwin Anderson, Adjutant General Colonel Raul Jerrick and Staff Officer One Special Duties Lieutenant Colonel Colin Henry, the release said.
- Countries: Guyana
- GUYANA | Criminal probe into GECOM’s 2020 election operations possible Says Nandlall
- GUYANA | Guyana's New President Dr. Irfan M. Ali Sworn in on Sunday
- GUYANA | Guyana’s second royalty payment deposited in NRF
- GUYANA | Opposition breached judicial traditions on elections AG tells OAS
- GUYANA | Foreign Minister Slams OAS over Guyana's adherece to democratic procedure