Media reports, say the Prime Minister was rushed to the West Shore Medical Hospital by his security detail around 5 pm, for a heart issue.
Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister, Stuart Young, issued a statement this evening confirming that Dr Rowley had been hospitalized after feeling some amount of discomfort this afternoon.
"I wish to advise that Dr the Honourable Keith Rowley, Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago had some discomfort this afternoon and as a precautionary measure he decided to seek medical attention and have a check up.
At this time, we are pleased to advise that the Prime Minister is in good spirits.
Out of an abundance of caution he will be kept for observation and further tests will be conducted."
- Countries: Trinidad_Tobago
- CARICOM Chair underscores importance of regionalism, multilateralism, South-South cooperation
- T&T | Trinidad Judge rules police raid on media house unconstitutional
- CARICOM | Heads of government start busy week for CARICOM
- T&T | PM Rowley recouperating well after angioplasty surgery
- T&T tells OAS: Stop tarnishing our good name!