Mr. Briceño led his PUP to twenty-six of the thirty-one seats at stake in the elections.
“The margin of victory indicates that the people of Belize have confidence in your ability to lead the country during this difficult time, and guide them to a secure and prosperous future,” the Secretary-General said in his congratulatory message.
Ambassador LaRocque also congratulated the Government and People of Belize for successfully conducting the Election safely under the twin challenges of very adverse weather and the COVID-19 pandemic, as evidenced by a more than 80 percent turn out.
“As your new Government seeks to carry out its mandate, please be assured of the support of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and its Secretariat,” the Secretary-General said.
“I look forward, Prime Minister, to welcoming you as a Member of the Conference of Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community,” Ambassador LaRocque added.
- Countries: Belize
- CARICOM-CUBA a testament to friendship and respect among peoples
- GUYANA | Darren Wade to fight Haitian deportation order, Attorney says move is unlawful
- GUYANA | APNU/AFC Opposition wants to hear from CARICOM on illegal detention of Haitians in Guyana
- CARICOM SG congratulates re-elected Vincentian Prime Minister
- BELIZE | John Briceño new Prime Minister of Belize after election victory