The novel Coronavirus outbreak which originated in Wahun City, Hubei Province, China, started in December 2019 and, up to this week about eight thousand cases have been laboratory-confirmed globally, with eighty-two cases confirmed outside of China.
Monday’s meeting of the CARICOM Council for Human and Social Development (Health), which will also be attended by other senior Health and Security officials, will provide updates on regional plans.
The Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) – the lead CARICOM Institution on public health matters - has activated its Incidence Management Team for Emergency Response and has been working with its Regional and International health partners to monitor developments and support national response efforts. CARPHA has been urging CARICOM Member States to be vigilant and to step up surveillance at their ports of entry.
- Countries: CARICOM
- CARICOM | CARPHA Medical Microbiology Laboratory is Ready to Respond to 2019-nCoV
- Cuban doctors work against coronavirus in China
- Cuban drug among those used to fight coronavirus in China
- Cocktail of flu, HIV drugs appears to help fight coronavirus: Thai doctors
- JAMAICA Imposes Travel Ban To And From China in wake of Coronavirus