The full Court consisting of Chief Justice (ag) Roxanne George and Justice Naresh Harnanan has therefore dismissed the request for judicial review brought by APNU+AFC candidate, Ulita Moore, as well as the injunctions that blocked the recount.
The Judges said the matters contained in Moore’s application were best suited for an election petition.
Holder had ruled on Friday that the court did have jurisdiction to hear the matter. However, the PPP moved to file an appeal resulting in the Full Court’s involvement.
The Guyana Elections Commission is now at liberty to determine when the recount of the votes will get underway barring any other court action.
Monday marked four weeks since Guyanese voted at the elections.
President David Granger had initiated a recount of all the votes through a CARICOM agreement with the Opposition Leader, but that recount never got underway as it was challenged by Ulita Moore who was a candidate for the APNU+AFC.
- Countries: Guyana
- GUYANA VOTES | Police Commissioner stands by Immigration information provided to GECOM
- GUYANA | No Political Party should fear probe into Electoral Fraud says Alexander
- Political Plotters and Players, the Caribbean can't breathe !
- GUYANA VOTES | 'Facts' unveiled in recount points to electoral fraud- Aubrey Norton
- GUYANA | ICJ hearings on Guyana-Venezuela set for June 30, 2020