Our senior citizens have toiled and labored for our country and need to get the greatest of support from a grateful nation. In this context, Senator Morris is calling for: “The Government to have social workers, community health aids and other such professionals, make regular visits to senior citizens, to dialogue with them about the COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure that they are accessing the necessary services to facilitate their well-being.”
“We need to have family members going to the supermarket, post office, banks, pharmacies, hospital and accessing other such important services for their older family members during this time” said Senator Morris.
The COVID pandemic has shown that our senior citizens are at greatest risk and we need to pull out all the stops to protect and support them.
Senator Morris also stated that those who are giving support to senior citizens during this pandemic need to be honest with these vulnerable citizens. “We cannot and should not tolerate individuals exploiting and stealing the limited resources that these older persons have.”
The Senator is also expressing solidarity with the senior citizens amidst the celebration of National Senior Citizens Week that is being observed from September 27-October 3 under the theme ‘Advancing the health and wellness of older persons amidst COVID-19 pandemic’.
“Senior citizens have toiled and labored for our country and we must take every moment to celebrate their existence and contribution to the society. It is even more needed during this time of crisis.” Sen Morris said.
- Countries: Jamaica
- T&T | IMF warns that COVID-19 could pressure some TT Banks
- BARBADOS | Six More Months For Cuban Nurses In Barbados
- JAMAICA| Jamaica assumes Chair of OAS Permanent Council; Marks says fight against COVID-19 is priority
- JAMAICA | In excess of 100 persons have died in Jamaica as a result of COVID-19
- BARBADOS | Mottley thanks PAHO for help to Region, calls for restructurg of Global finance system
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- GUYANA | Nigel and Cathy Hughes property firebombed; Arson suspected
- GUYANA | Chief Elections Officer face new charges, Lawyer says its a setup!
- JAMAICA | Jamaica records 7 new COVID-19 deaths, 230 additional cases
- JAMAICA | PM Holness, Former PM Patterson pay tribute to DK Duncan
- GUYANA | Opposition stonewalled, Gov't warned, stay out of Venezuela's internal affairs