The Party's Executive which met last night, was advised that among the measures pursued to arrive at a candidate was a scientific poll commissioned by the Party by a noted local Pollster of good repute and excellent track record.
It was further noted that those results were consistent with a series of consultations among members of the Party's organization in the Central Westmoreland.
At the weekend a delegation of Party Officers including Party Chairman Bobby Pickersgill, General Secretary Paul Burke and Deputy General Secretaries Luther Buchanan and Raymond Pryce met with members of the Constituency.
The results of the polls and other consultations were disclosed and accepted by all.
Accordingly, the Party's Executive unanimously accepted and ratified Comrade Michael Erskine's candidacy.
Erskine’s appointment has not gone down well with former MP for the constituency Dr. Carl Blythe who has vowed to contest the appointment.
- JAMAICA | Revive Stay Alert Mobile Application to Help Protect our Women says PNP
- JAMAICA | PNP sends criminal allegations against party officer to the police
- JAMAICA | Mark Golding on International Affairs & Foreign Policy
- JAMAICA | Mark Golding on PNP's position on Crime and Violence
- JAMAICA | Dr. Guy says Govt's approach to vaccinations won't reduce deaths, hospitalizations
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- JAMAICA | “We Have to Resurrect the Jamaica Ganja Industry says GGPAJ
- JAMAICA | JA COVID-19 Cases skyrocket to 468 in 24 hours
- SURINAME | Total, Apache make fourth oil, gas discovery off Suriname
- JAMAICA | Revivalism Submitted for UNESCO Inscription Consideration – Grange
- COVID-19: Oxford University vaccine is highly effective