KINGSTON, December 18, 2014 – The latest Don Anderson poll commissioned by the RJR Communications Group, says Education Minister Ronald Thwaites is the top-performing member of the Cabinet. The poll which asked Jamaicans to rate the performance of Government Ministers placed Prime Minister Portia Simpson-Miller among the five best performing Ministers, while Minister of Water, Land, Environment and Climate Robert Pickersgill came in last on the list of 15 members of the Cabinet. Fifteen percent of the respondents said, none of the Ministers was doing a good job, while a similar number was unable to give a rating. The poll which was conducted between November 29 to December 8, said seventeen percent of the respondents viewed Thwaites as the best performing Minister. He had a 9-percentage point lead over Youth and Culture Minister Lisa Hanna who was ranked second followed by National Security Minister Peter Bunting who 6 percent said was performing up to par. “And at five percent we had Portia Simpson Miller, Phillip Paulwell, Peter Phillips and Wykeham McNeil. This was unprompted……we didn’t give them any names Beyond that we had Natalie Neita Headly at three percent, Mark Golding at three percent and the following four at two percent - Fenton Ferguson, Anthony Hylton, Omar Davies and Derrick Kellier , Noel Arscott and Robert Pickersgill and were at one point each,” said Don Anderson.
Last modified onFriday, 19 December 2014 05:31
- JAMAICA | SOE without crime plan won't bring peace in Central Kingston - PNP
- JAMAICA | Ruel Reid's US$3,800 credit card was authorised by the Finance Ministry
- JAMAICA | PNP demands answers on CAP-YES programme, CMU document shredding
- JAMAICA | Amend the Constitution to allow J'cans in the US to sit in Parliament, says Thwaites
- Thwaites wants gov't to revisit school funding policy