In a statement this afternoon, APNU+AFC Executive Joe Harmon said “the APNU+AFC had also requested recounts in all regions, regions one to ten. In the event any recount is granted for region four, we intend to pursue our application for recounts in regions one to ten”
He made reference to the agreement reached between President Granger and Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo on the Region 4 recount.
He said too that lawyers for the PPP have moved to the Courts to secure an injunction restraining the Chief Elections Officer from making a final declaration before the recounts.
He said lawyers for the APNU+AFC are also looking into that matter.
The Region Four Returning Officer declared the results of the election for the region last evening. Those results have pushed the APNU+AFC ahead.
However, since the results were declared, eight political parties have filed requests for a recount.
GECOM’s) Returning Officer, Clairmont Mingo late Friday night declared A Partnership for National Unity+Alliance For Change (APNU+AFC) the winner of the general and regional elections in Region Four.
Mingo said APNU+AFC won 136,057 and the People’s Progressive Party (PPP) 77,231, while the Regional Elections saw APNU+AFC getting 130,289 and the PPP 74,827.
The Region Four results declared Friday night differ slightly from those that were subsequently scrapped by the High Court earlier this week. Those stated that APNU+AFC got 136,335 and PPPC 77,258.
- Countries: Guyana
- GUYANA VOTES | Recount shows more dead people voted in March 2 elections
- GUYANA VOTES| 588 boxes re-counted up to day 12, Voter Fraud revealed by APNU+AFC
- GUYANA | Electoral fraud could impact election results says Commissioner Alexander
- GUYANA | Neither Gov't Nor Granger hired the JJ&B lobby firm
- CARICOM | Heads of Government agree on protocol to fight COVID-19 Pandemic