PNP candidate Richard Azan was advised today that he needed to attend the EOJ office to witness the replacement of contents into the boxes.
This, the PNP says, is very unusual ahead of the magisterial recount, and particularly so where the constituency recorded an equally unusual 1,107 rejected ballots in last week's general election.
In the final count on election night, the Jamaica Labour Party's Phillip Henriques was said to have polled 83 votes more than PNP's Richard Azan.
The Party says this matter must be thoroughly investigated and the democratic process secured.
According to PNP General Secretary Julian Robinson the magisterial recount may have been compromised and this unusual occurrence is a very serious matter that demands urgent attention and resolution in the event that it is the work of anyone who would seek to interfere with the will of the people for their own purposes.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Three more COVID deaths, 155 new cases In Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Jamaica records 7 new COVID-19 deaths, 230 additional cases
- JAMAICA | Detention of Five men under state of Emergency Unconstitutional says Juuge
- JAMAICA | PM Holness, Former PM Patterson pay tribute to DK Duncan
- JAMAICA | Population at risk as Coronavirus now out of control says PNP