The candidates approved are Raymond Pryce for St Catherine East Central; Keith Brown for St Ann North East; Donald Jackson for Manchester North East; and George Hamilton for St James North West.
The Party’s General Secretary, Julian Robinson, M.P., says "I am pleased that we now formally have all 63 candidates in place for the elections; 80% of which have been in place for the last 18-24 months. We are focused on preparing ourselves for the upcoming elections."
In light of the ongoing Covid-19 virus and the impending elections, the Executive also took the decisions that party groups will have until June 30, 2020, to submit their Annual General Meeting forms and other supporting documents.
It also decided that all Divisional, Constituency and Regional Conferences have been postponed due to the restrictions on public gatherings.
Mr Robinson said the Executive Committee concluded its deliberations with the next meeting of the Parliamentary Group set for Monday, June 8, 2020, at a venue to be determined.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Former Morant Bay Mayor, Marsha Francis new PNP candidate for St. Thomas Western
- JAMAICA |Govt. must accept responsibility for mismanagement of COVID-19 crisis.
- JAMAICA | Review existing Coronavirus screening protocols says Dr. Guy
- JAMAICA | PM Manley's Misadventures or PM Holness' political disingenuity ?
- JAMAICA | PNP Councillor replaced, so she crossed the floor says Party