Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez had also contested previously these accusations made anonymously and for which no evidence was presented.
The publication adds to the recent discredit campaign from the White House to link the leaders of the Government of Venezuela with narcoterrorism, which has been rejected by said authorities.
Denuncia Cuba la peligrosa calumnia de EE.UU. al acusarla de tráfico de drogas. Nuevas calumnias para pretextos de agresión e injerencia. El perverso imperio no engaña a nadie, solo a sus lacayos. #Cuba es libre y soberana #SomosCuba ?? https://t.co/MWUI2s7nlB Via @Granma_Digital— Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez (@DiazCanelB) April 10, 2020
On March 26th, the US Justice Department announced charges against the main figures of the Caracas government, and offered millionaire rewards for information on President Nicolas Maduro and other top officials.
Likewise, according to the Cuban press, with this accusation the Trump Administration seeks to justify the measures of the economic siege against Cuba and Venezuela, right in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic, as well as to encourage a possible aggression against Venezuela.
- Countries: Cuba
- CUBA | Cuba condemns terrorism and political manipulation
- CUBA | Cuba's Washington Embassy attacked by firearm bandits : No Victims
- CUBA Studying measures to stimulate island's birth rate
- Another COVID-19 medication under development in Cuba
- CUBA | New Cuban drug to strengthen natural immunity in trial phase