Local media said that Castro "greeted, one by one and without any difficulties, the Venezuelans," who were left impressed "by Castro's lucidity and his attention to the details of what is happening in Venezuela."
During his appearance, Castro highlighted the importance of the international campaign calling on the U.S. President Barack Obama to repeal his executive order that arbitrarily declares Venezuela an extraordinary threat to its national security.
Last March, Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro announced the beginning of the campaign, which aims to gather signatures to reject the U.S. executive order. Thus far over 6.2 million signatures have been collected. In his pubic address, Castro emphasized the need to acquire as many signatures as possible in order remove Venezuela from being labeled as a threat to U.S. national security.
This content was originally published by teleSUR at the following address: http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Fidel-Castro-Makes-First-Public-Appearance-in-14-Months--20150404-0003.html.
- CUBA | Cuban vaccine Soberana Plus protects against Covid-19 reinfection
- CUBA boosts foreign investment despite US blockade
- CUBA | 60 years after Bay of Pigs, New York Times role made clear
- CUBA | Fund-raising campaign in Italy to produce vaccines in Cuba
- CARICOM | CARICOM member states interested in Cuba's COVID-19 Vaccines
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- JAMAICA | “We Have to Resurrect the Jamaica Ganja Industry says GGPAJ
- JAMAICA | JA COVID-19 Cases skyrocket to 468 in 24 hours
- SURINAME | Total, Apache make fourth oil, gas discovery off Suriname
- JAMAICA | Revivalism Submitted for UNESCO Inscription Consideration – Grange
- COVID-19: Oxford University vaccine is highly effective