The sum of approximately $11.5 billion was deposited into the country’s Natural Resources Fund from the oil supply chain on March 11, 2020.
OilNOW stated that royalty payments are expected to begin this week and represent Guyana’s share of profit oil plus royalty to date, based on production at the Liza Phase 1 Development.
Royalties are estimated every month and are to be transferred to the Government of Guyana 30 days after every yearly quarter. This is according to Article 15.6 of the Petroleum Agreement.
This is the country’s first royalty payment since it began oil production in December 2019.
In addition to the two percent royalty being paid, the country also receives 50 percent profit oil.
Guyana also stands to benefit from direct and indirect benefits through employment creation and other revenue-generated income from the oil and gas industry.
The country is entitled to approximately five million barrels of oil this year as part of its profit share from production at the Liza Phase 1 Development. Guyana’s first three lifts were sold to Shell Western Supply and Trading Limited.
- GUYANA | No Political Party should fear probe into Electoral Fraud says Alexander
- Political Plotters and Players, the Caribbean can't breathe !
- GUYANA | ICJ hearings on Guyana-Venezuela set for June 30, 2020
- GUYANA | ‘Guyana is a sovereign state, respect the decisions of our institutions’ – President Granger
- GUYANA | Bringing gas to shore is well advanced says Energy Director