Dr. George said nine of those testing positive are from the group of 95 nurses who arrived from Ghana on Thursday.
All of the nurses went into 14 days quarantine on arrival in Barbados.
The other three cases include a Barbadian female who returned to the island on June 29; a male visitor who arrived on July 30; and a Barbadian man who arrived from the United Kingdom with a negative test, but who when required to test to travel again returned a positive result.
All of the cases are asymptomatic.
- Countries: Barbados
- How COVID-19 could impact travel for years to come
- BARBADOS | InterCaribbean Airways begins service in Southern Caribbean
- The loneliness of social isolation can affect your brain and raise dementia risk in older adults
- BARBADOS | Updated travel protocols for Barbados take effect August 5
- BAHAMAS | COVID-19 spread Initiates Nationwide lockdown in the Bahamas