Dr. George said nine of those testing positive are from the group of 95 nurses who arrived from Ghana on Thursday.
All of the nurses went into 14 days quarantine on arrival in Barbados.
The other three cases include a Barbadian female who returned to the island on June 29; a male visitor who arrived on July 30; and a Barbadian man who arrived from the United Kingdom with a negative test, but who when required to test to travel again returned a positive result.
All of the cases are asymptomatic.
- Countries: Barbados
- JAMAICA | In excess of 100 persons have died in Jamaica as a result of COVID-19
- BARBADOS | Mottley thanks PAHO for help to Region, calls for restructurg of Global finance system
- CUBA | Cuba's COVID-19 Vaccine may soon be available to PAHO - Clinical trials underway
- JAMAICA | Another COVID death pushes total to 77; 193 new cases
- COVID-19| Protect children from COVID-19: Avoid exposing them to infection