Dr. Tufton said that of the 143 cases, 18 were confirmed within the last 24 hours. Five are males and 13 are females ranging in age from four to 56.
The Minister said that three cases are contacts of a confirmed case, while 15 are under investigation.
“There is some suspicion that a number of them are linked to the [Alorica] call centre in Portmore, but we are still investigating,” Dr. Tufton noted. Already, 52 cases are linked to Alorica.
The Minister informed that 23 persons have recovered from COVID-19 in Jamaica, and there have been five deaths.
A total of 1,424 samples from persons have been tested, who have shown signs of COVID-19 infection.
- Countries: Jamaica
- UNITED STATES | US CDC issues Covid-19 health alert
- JAMAICA | Sandals Resorts International to offer guests virus testing
- CUBA maintains tourist activity despite Covid-19 restrictions
- CARICOM concerned about inequitable access to COVID-19 vaccines
- JAMAICA to explore access to safe vaccines from Cuba, China and India