Sperm undergo what are known as epigenetic changes: genes that would normally be activated during fetal brain development are inhibited and communication between fetal brain cells is diminished.
Among the considerable consequences are the effects on the reward mechanism, explains the research.
These brain abnormalities are similar to changes that occur in newborns whose mothers were exposed to pesticides or tobacco smoke during pregnancy.
The researchers showed that marijuana use by fathers, not just mothers, can have an impact on the health of their children, even when use is before conception.
According to other publications, the most important effects of marijuana are on the brain, heart, cardiovascular system, and lungs.
In addition to euphoria, the individual normally experiences a sense of relaxation, drowsiness, and disturbances in the sexual sphere; he loses proper perception of time, experiences hunger, and withdraws from social relationships.
Problems with short-term memory appear and the individual has difficulty in performing complex tasks.
- Countries: United_States
- BARBADOS | B'dos people will decide whether to legalize marijuana
- CBD: The next weapon in the war against opioid addiction?
- Scarce retail weed shops means most Canadians still use black market pot
- Where’s the weed? Clues to Canada’s cannabis shortages
- Hope for cannabis as treatment for opioid addiction