WHO spokesman Christian Lindmeier, requested at a press conference that all unspecified cases of pneumonia in December and November last year be tested for diagnosis.
The request comes in response to medical reports from France and the United States that identified possible cases of Covid-19 in December, although China did not do so until the end of 2019.
Lindmeier said it was appropriate to continue these studies and suggested that it would not be unusual for the new coronavirus to be out of China so early, as the first cases of the disease date back to early December. Covid-19 is present in 182 countries and has caused 3,596,142 positive cases and 251,718 deaths worldwide.
- Countries: None
- AFRICA | DR Congo: eastern Ebola outbreak defeated, ‘mission impossible’ now a ‘sign of hope’
- WHO suspends clinical trials of hydroxychloroquine over safety concerns
- Panamanians among the most obese in Central America and the Caribbean
- WHO declares coronavirus a global public health emergency
- Why the DRC Ebola outbreak was declared a global emergency and why it matters