“This announcement comes on the heels of the new Centres for Disease Control (CDC) policy requiring international travellers to present a negative COVID-19 test prior to their return to the United States,” a media statement said.
Sandals said tests will be conducted by certified medical professionals at least 72 hours before guests’ departure, and test results will be available within 24 hours.
“Through the expansion of our Platinum Protocols of Cleanliness, we are continuing to ensure our guests’ health and safety are our number one priority,” stated Adam Stewart, executive chairman of Sandals Resorts International.
In the event that a guest should test positive for COVID-19 prior to departure, “all resorts are equipped with medical stations staffed daily with a registered nurse and 24/7 on-call medical personnel”.
“In line with all CDC and World Health Organisation (WHO) best practices, Sandals ensures strict adherence and seamless implementation of a sophisticated approach to prevent the spread of all illnesses.” (PR)
- Countries: Caribbean
- Over 168 million children miss nearly a year of schooling, UNICEF says
- JAMAICA |. No Politics and Favoritism Around COVID-19 Vaccination - PM Holness
- JAMAICA | As COVID-19 cases spike, Holness announces new measures
- CUBA'S COVID-19 Vaccine, Soberana 02 could be ready by late April
- JAMAICA | Tourism Industry Needs Vaccination Roll Out Plan