McDonald, the Member of Parliament for Port of Spain South, was removed as deputy political leader of the PNM yesterday by Prime Minister and party leader Dr. Keith Rowley, after being fired as Public Utilities Minister on Monday.
Her common-law husband, Michael Carew, along with Victor McEachrane and Edgar Zephyrine, are in jail waiting for their bail bond to be brought to the prison for them to be freed.
McDonald's bail bond will have to be taken to her at hospital so that when she is discharged she can go home.
McDonald, who was granted $2 million bail, was charged, along with Carew and McEachrane, with attempting to defraud the government by procuring funds for Carew's Calabar Foundation, which was identified as a charity group.
Carew was granted $500,000 bail. Zephyrine, former chairman of the National Commission for Self Help Ltd, was granted $1 million bail and McEachrane was granted $400,000 bail.
A fourth man, Wayne Anthony, was the only person to access his bail of $100,000 on Monday and was allowed to go home.
McDonald, who is hospitalised at the St Clair Medical Centre for an unknown ailment, remains there.
- Countries: Trinidad_Tobago
- Trinidad | Shootings and Murders in TT designed to destabilize Gov't says Young
- TRINIDAD | Sections of TT Sedition Act Unconstitutional says High Court
- TT | Trinidad moves to decriminalize ganja, promote medicinal cannabis
- BARBADOS | Barbados And T&T Sign Energy MOU
- TT | Crime and Violence a Public Health Issue says Rowley