CARICOM Heads of Government earlier this year mandated the Secretary-General to begin the process of negotiations with the Dutch Territories in order to better determine their expectations of Associate Membership, and what benefits the relationship could yield for the Community.
The Heads have also agreed to continue to examine the issue of an Enlargement Policy for CARICOM which currently has fifteen Full Members and five Associate Members.
The Secretary-General was accompanied at his Meeting with Prime Minister Wever-Croes by Assistant Secretary-General for Foreign and Community relations Ambassador Colin Granderson, General Counsel Dr. Corlita Babb-Schaefer, and Adviser Mr. Neville Bissember.
The Prime Minister was joined by Director of the Department of Foreign Affairs Mr Edwin Abath. The Secretary-General also paid a courtesy call on Aruba’s Governor H.E. Juan Alfonso Boekhoudt.
- Countries: CARICOM
- CARICOM divided on OAS votes not to recognize Maduro as Venezuela President
- CARICOM SG congratulates Haiti on 215th Independence Anniversary
- CARICOM: A Community on the move says Holness
- CARICOM | New Chair of CARICOM to Focus on Single Market
- CARICOM | Dr. Arlene Laing succeeds Tyrone Southerland at CMO