LACA President Carlos Fernando Velasquez told journalists that support for Cuba’s stood out among the agreements reached at the 88th meeting of the executive committee of the organization.
Velasquez who is also director-general of Civil Aeronautics of Guatemala, highlighted Cuba’s performance in the organization in areas such as air transport and operational safety.
He noted that the Spanish-speaking nation saw a growth of 18 per cent in air passenger traffic last year, and it is expected to reach about 25 to 30 per cent at the end of this year.
The 39th Assembly of the International Civil Aviation Organization is scheduled to be held in Montréal, Canada from September 27 to October 7.
- CARICOM Marks 47th Anniversary of Relations with Cuba
- CUBA | The world demands an end to the US blockade against Cuba
- CUBA | New York City Councilors demand an end to the blockade against Cuba
- Cuba works to expedite foreign business, says minister
- CUBA | Anti-Imperialist Solidarity Meeting Kicks Off in Havana