The parliamentarians declared themselves in revolt against Guaidó for having used the presidency of the parliament as a personal project to enrich himself.
"In 2019 that has just concluded, you were the hope of the country, today you are the biggest disappointment, you could be the future, but today you are and you will be the past, you were a dream turned into a nightmare, Juan Guaidó from today your time ended," the right-wing opposition deputy, José Brito, said this week.
He continued that they will propose that deputy Luis Eduardo Parra is elected as the new president of the Popular Will Party (AN).
“Guaidó lied to the country and to the international community, he also repeatedly denied to everyone that he was not in talks with (President Nicolás) Maduro and the truth is that you got up and ran back to your main international allies."
He said that he also asked the people to stay on the streets and Venezuelans came out again and again and "in each of them the frustration and hopelessness was eating away at their fighting spirit."
"Guaidó used the people to consolidate not the forces of change, but their own position of power," Brito said in a statement to the media from the immediate vicinity of the seat of parliament in Caracas.
The installation of the legislative period 2020-2021 is marked by the maneuver of a possible ratification of Juan Guaidó, of the Voluntad Popular (VP) cell, as president of the Parliament.
- Countries: Latin America
- Guaido Has Links With Money Launderer Defended by Rudy Giuliani
- Venezuelan Assembly to Investigate US Funding to Guaido
- Trump Threatens Venezuela And Nicaragua After Coup in Bolivia
- ‘Everyone needs to do more’ to help suffering Venezuelans, says UN Emergency Relief Coordinator
- ANTIGUA | Browne secures US$15.8 million ALBA Loan for LIAT
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- TRINIDAD | Office of the Prime Minister, Whitehall Officially Reopened
- GUYANA | PPP's Irfaan Ali vows to send Granger into retirement
- GUYANA | "Guyanese will never be poor again" declares Granger
- GUYANA | ExxonMobil begins oil production in Guyana
- SVG Signs MOU to improve information sharing in Customs Law Enforcement