Nomination Day will be Wednesday, November 12.
The Office of the Prime Minister announced on Wednesday afternoon that Governor-General Sir Patrick Allen had been asked to issue the necessary proclamation and notifications for the holding of the election to fill the vacancy created by the death of Roger Clarke, the incumbent, in August.
The governing People's National Party will be represented by businessman Dwayne Vaz and the Jamaica Labour Party's candidate will be Fay Jacobs, a banker.
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- BARBADOS | The time to invest in BPO in the Caribbean is now!
- CARICOM vital to regional development: Grenada’s new envoy
- Russia Calls US Intervention in Venezuela 'Unacceptable'
- JAMAICA | Earnings of US$3.6 Billion Expected from Tourism
- CARICOM again calls for non-intervention and dialogue in Venezuela