Mr. Patterson was discharged after a comprehensive medical review following surgery to repair damage to his right hip and knee, which resulted from an accident a week ago. The medical team is satisfied at his progress and believes he can now continue his recuperation at home.
As he embarks on this phase of his recovery at home, the former Prime Minister will be under the care of a medical team. The team will be enforcing a strict visitor policy to ensure that his progress and steady recuperation is not compromised.
On leaving the hospital this afternoon, Mr. Patterson thanked the medical team which attended to him during his weeklong stay in the Tony Thwaites Wing. "Their professionalism and skill were simply amazing", he said.
The former PM also thanked all well-wishers and supporters for their prayers, visits, calls and expressions of good wishes, which provided comfort and sustained him during his hospital stay.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | More Traditional Ganja Growers To Take Part In Alternative Development Programme
- JAMAICA | Tourist Industry Earns US$500 Million More Than Last Year
- JAMAICA | E-Passports Soon to be Introduced by PICA
- JAMAICA | Pearnel Charles Relents, Audit to be Tabled on Tuesday
- JAMAICA | Golding laments Foreign Exchange Market woes