Mr. Patterson was discharged after a comprehensive medical review following surgery to repair damage to his right hip and knee, which resulted from an accident a week ago. The medical team is satisfied at his progress and believes he can now continue his recuperation at home.
As he embarks on this phase of his recovery at home, the former Prime Minister will be under the care of a medical team. The team will be enforcing a strict visitor policy to ensure that his progress and steady recuperation is not compromised.
On leaving the hospital this afternoon, Mr. Patterson thanked the medical team which attended to him during his weeklong stay in the Tony Thwaites Wing. "Their professionalism and skill were simply amazing", he said.
The former PM also thanked all well-wishers and supporters for their prayers, visits, calls and expressions of good wishes, which provided comfort and sustained him during his hospital stay.
- Countries: Jamaica
- Prime Minister Holness Concludes Successful Official Visit to China, Holds talks with President Xi, Premier Li and Investors.
- JAMAICA | Registration Of Candidates Under Way For Global Jamaica Diaspora Council
- JAMAICA | On the Path to Higher Economic Growth - IMF
- Prime Minister Holness Makes his First Official Working Visit to China
- JAMAICA| US revokes the visas of MPs Daryl Vaz and Phillip Paulwell