“Crime is out of control. Children are being killed and the Government has ignored that sad fact,” the Opposition Leader said in a statement.
This morning a one-year-old baby was among three murdered in Fort George in Annotto Bay, St Mary. Three weeks ago a two-year-old child was killed execution style in Downtown Kingston. Just last week a five-year-old girl, after being shot told the medical professionals attending to her “please don’t let me die”.
“Our children are no longer safe in their homes and communities. They deserve to live out their lives and achieve their full potential,” Mrs. Simpson Miller added.
The Opposition Leader is calling on the Prime Minister Andrew Holness to outline the promised plans and programmes to tackle crime. According to the Mrs Simpson Miller: “It cannot be business as usual when the future of Jamaica is being attacked.”
The Opposition Leader is calling for swift and decisive short and long term measures to address the untenable explosion of crime. Mrs Simpson Miller has also pledged the support of the Opposition in any meaningful effort to reduce crime and cauterise the bloodshed and suffering across Jamaica.
- GUYANA | Simpson-Miller bats for Guyana's small business; warns about corruption
- JAMAICA | Ground broken for long awaited Children's Hospital in Montego Bay
- JAMAICA | Finance Minister says no gas tax roll back at this time
- Peter Phillips says thanks to Portia
- Portia makes public her financial declarations