Phillip Paulwell, Opposition Spokesman on Energy, wants details on how the figure was arrived at.
On Tuesday, after Energy Minister Fayval Williams revealed the figure in the House of Representatives, Mr. Paulwell said he was surprised to learn that new consultants had been engaged to do the review.
The House was told that the firm Gaffney Cline and Associates was used instead of continuing with Muse Stancil which did previous evaluations for the government.
In an interview with RJR News, Mr. Paulwell again questioned whether procurement rules were followed.
Mr. Pauwell is suggesting that the Petrojam report be referred to a parliamentary committee.
The report from the consultants was used as the basis for the recommendations made by Petrojam's Strategic Review Committee in relation to the refinery's future.
The committee has recommended the government privatise Petrojam, or shut down the refinery if it fails to identify a suitable lessee.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA| US revokes the visas of MPs Daryl Vaz and Phillip Paulwell
- JAMAICA | Opposition demands answers on expandion of Petrojam Board
- JAMAICA | Explain Decision to close the Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica ! says Paulwell
- JAMAICA | Venezuelan Company Seeks Compensation for Petrojam Shares
- JAMAICA | Venezuela's Guaido asks Holness not to seize PDVSA refinery shares