The Party's Executive which met last night, was advised that among the measures pursued to arrive at a candidate was a scientific poll commissioned by the Party by a noted local Pollster of good repute and excellent track record.
It was further noted that those results were consistent with a series of consultations among members of the Party's organization in the Central Westmoreland.
At the weekend a delegation of Party Officers including Party Chairman Bobby Pickersgill, General Secretary Paul Burke and Deputy General Secretaries Luther Buchanan and Raymond Pryce met with members of the Constituency.
The results of the polls and other consultations were disclosed and accepted by all.
Accordingly, the Party's Executive unanimously accepted and ratified Comrade Michael Erskine's candidacy.
Erskine’s appointment has not gone down well with former MP for the constituency Dr. Carl Blythe who has vowed to contest the appointment.
- JAMAICA | RADA Probe - PNP says the facts will speak for themselves
- JAMAICA | Auditor General asked to audit RADA Farm Roads Rehabilitation Programme
- JAMAICA | Patriots wants Gov't to address the shortage of US dollars
- JAMAICA | PNP wants update on all corruption investigations says Phillips
- JAMAICA | Explain Decision to close the Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica ! says Paulwell