A release from the Office of The Prime Minister this afternoon said: "Prime Minister Andrew Holness has announced the immediate appointment of Senator Pearnel Charles Jr. as Minister without Portfolio in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation (MEGJC).
Prime Minister Holness today asked Governor General Sir Patrick Allen in writing to make the appointment.
The letter stated that “In accordance with the provisions of Section 77 (1) of the Jamaican Constitution and pursuant to section 70 (1), Senator the Hon. Pearnel Charles Jr. be appointed as Minister with effect from March 25.”
"Minister Pearnel Charles Jr will now work closely with Prime Minister Holness in the MEGJC on the Housing and Infrastructure Portfolio," the press release said.
In the meantime, Hon. Karl Samuda has been assigned to the Ministry of Education. He is now conducting an administrative review of that Ministry.
Prime Minister Holness maintains oversight of the Education, Youth and Information portfolio as the administrative and governance review continues."
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Parties mourns the passing of former Parliamentarians Douglas Vaz and Wendell Stewart
- JAMAICA | Ground broken for long awaited Children's Hospital in Montego Bay
- JAMAICA | Holness says Gov't committed to fiscal responsibility
- JAMAICA | Parliament extends State of Emergency in three western parishes, Clarendon and St. Catherine
- JAMAICA | Three Million Trees to be planted in Three Years to Mitigate Against Climate Change