During a fiery speech to the regional body, Rodriguez slammed President Barack Obama for declaring Venezuela a “threat” to the United States, and imposing sanctions on several high-level officials in Caracas. “History has shown that declarations like this tend to precede military inventions,” she said. Rodriguez also warned the sanctions could be the prelude to an aggressive “economic blockade … as our brother people Cuba have suffered for over 50 years.”
Read complete article
- Venezuelan Opposition Rejects Juan Guaido's Leadership
- DOMINICA | Linton refuses to recognise new Skerrit Gov’t; Wants supporters to “rise up”.
- DOMINICA | PM Skerrit Sworn in as OAS Recognizes Victory
- DOMINICA | Caribbean Leaders Reject OAS Attempts to Interfere in Dominica
- DOMINICA | OAS Chief Interferes in Electoral Process in Dominica