Microcephaly is a birth defect where a baby’s head is smaller than expected when compared to babies of the same sex and age.
Deyalsingh said that the Ministry of Health through the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) has already enlisted the help of experts from Brazil and Canada to supplement the local pool of specialists since the number of microcephaly cases caused by Zika may increase in the coming months.
- Countries: Trinidad_Tobago
- BARBADOS | Barbados And T&T Sign Energy MOU
- TT | Crime and Violence a Public Health Issue says Rowley
- Why the DRC Ebola outbreak was declared a global emergency and why it matters
- T&T | MP for Port of Spain South Marlene McDonald granted $2m bail
- T&T | Rowley names West new Public Administration minister
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- BARBADOS | The time to invest in BPO in the Caribbean is now!
- CARICOM vital to regional development: Grenada’s new envoy
- Russia Calls US Intervention in Venezuela 'Unacceptable'
- JAMAICA | Earnings of US$3.6 Billion Expected from Tourism
- CARICOM again calls for non-intervention and dialogue in Venezuela