In this regard, Prime Minister Andrew Holness has summoned all Boards which report to the Ministry of Science and Technology to a meeting.
This is in addition to the Prime Minister’s instructions that all Boards which fall under the Ministry of Energy, report to him next week.
The review of the all Boards under the Ministries will inform the way forward for the leadership and policy direction of these entities.
The boards are being called in, to be given direct policy instructions by the Prime Minister who is the Minister currently in charge of the Energy portfolio. The boards expected to appear with the Prime Minister are:
Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica
National Energy Solutions Limited
Wigton Wind Farm
Petrojam Ethanol Limited
Board of Examiners
Jamaica Aircraft Refueling Services Limited
Government Electrical Regulator
The Boards will be required to report on their activities and processes as well as receive policy direction on the way forward.
The OPM wishes to emphasise that these processes are geared toward enhancing good governance, transparency and
accountability within the country’s governance framework.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | China trip designed to achieve growth, job creation and poverty alleviation
- JAMAICA | Parties mourns the passing of former Parliamentarians Douglas Vaz and Wendell Stewart
- JAMAICA | Ground broken for long awaited Children's Hospital in Montego Bay
- JAMAICA | Holness says Gov't committed to fiscal responsibility
- JAMAICA | Parliament extends State of Emergency in three western parishes, Clarendon and St. Catherine