In its 12.00 pm (local time) bulletin, the Bermuda Weather Service (BWS) said Nicole — the 14th named storm of Atlantic hurricane season — was around 560 miles away from the island and moving northwest.
The BWS said Nicole is considered a “potential threat” to the island.
While the system is expected to come closer to the island over the course of the week, coming around 200 miles from the island on Friday morning, the system is expected to weaken and turn almost completely around before the weekend.
Tropical Storm Karl dumped around four inches of rain on Bermuda when it brushed the island 10 days ago but it caused no serious damage.
- BERMUDA | Governor pardons pastor jailed for revealing unfair treatment of Jamaican workers
- BERMUDA | Social Development Minister DeSilva resigns from Cabinet over conflict
- BERMUDA | Former footballer jailed for sex offences found dead in cell
- BERMUDA | Premier unveils “ambitious plan” ahead of elections
- BERMUDA | Former Tourism Minister turned Independent MP – found dead