Days after a disappointing fifth place in the Diamond League meeting in Zurich that cost her the Diamond trophy, Stewart bounced back to edge American Joanna Atkins to the tape, winning in 11.25 seconds (0.5m/s).
Atkins clocked 11.26 seconds for the runner up spot while another Jamaican Schillonie Calvert was fourth in 11.32 seconds, the same time as third place Jessica Young of the USA.
Commonwealth Games men’s shot put champion O’Dayne Richards has been busy competing all over Europe the last few weeks and was fourth in Berlin, with a best mark of 20.72m.
Germany’s David Storl won in 21.41m, ahead of American Ryan Whiting- 21.06m and New Zealand’s Tomas Walsh- 20.77m.
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- GUYANA | PPP's Irfaan Ali vows to send Granger into retirement
- GUYANA | "Guyanese will never be poor again" declares Granger
- Venezuelan Opposition Rejects Juan Guaido's Leadership
- GUYANA | ExxonMobil begins oil production in Guyana
- SVG Signs MOU to improve information sharing in Customs Law Enforcement