Media reports said that SLTB Director Louis Lewis and his deputy Tracey Warner-Arnold have resigned with their resignations taking effect at the end of January 2017 and the end of this month respectively.
No reasons have been given for the resignations of Lewis, who served at the SLTB for nine years and Warner-Arnold, but Chastanet, a former tourism minister here told the St. Lucia Times newspaper that while in opposition his now ruling United Workers Party (UWP) had announced plans for the creation of a Tourism Authority to replace the SLTB.
“I think everybody recognizes we are in the process of change and unfortunately some times that change, some people can embrace it and some people can’t,” Chastanet told the newspaper, thanking Lewis and Warner-Arnold for the work they have done and wished them the best in their careers.
“They only deserve the best,” he said, adding there was need to move on.
Chastanet disclosed that he was working with tourism officials here to seek to turn around the Island’s numbers as quickly as possible and complimented his Tourism Minister, Dominic Fedee for the work he is doing in this regard.
“He has been relentless in terms of the things he has been doing with the cruise lines, the hotels, the restaurants -to bring this engine of growth back into play,” Chastanet said.
- Countries: St_Lucia
- Saint Lucia wants parties to the Montreal Protocol to act quickly in addressing global warming
- ST. LUCIA | Attorney calls for putting judicial house in order before CCJ switch
- ST. LUCIA | PM Chastenet shuffles his Cabinet "for greater efficiency"
- ST. LUCIA | Visa restrictions on Venezuelans not politically motivated, says Chastanet
- Saint Lucia and Grenada agree to fund LIAT, St Kitts says no — report